On the Porch of the house

On the Porch of the house

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A VERY Fancy Dinner

 Yesterday was the end of a Homeschooler event known as "Co-op", which we have in a church building, and many a homeschooler goes there to have classes such as: Constituion, Boy's Basket-Ball, and Manners. My Manners teacher, told us at the end of the day, that we would have a final exam, but if you know homeschoolers, this exam was not multiple choice. It was dinner.

My Mom got a last-minute invite to be a waiter and went with me. I was so relieved Mom was there!

My friends and I "hung out" as most Public Schoolers would say, in the Hostess' living room, and laughed over someone's i-phone, because we could talk into it and it would give us answers. I got to show everyone my new "invisible i-phone" and dinner started. It sure was tasty!

Our first course was soup, bread, and salad. Then we got to the main course. It was spaghetti and vegetarian "meat" balls, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. Dessert was a brownie topped with ice-cream, whipped cream, and a cherry.  I bet your hungry from reading this, aren't you?

We showed off our manners, kind of, and had a good time. One rule for manners is you have to stand up when a lady leaves the table. A mom friend of mine got up and introduced herself to a newer friend, and we all stood up. Then another friend got an idea, and every time a male friend got up to leave the table, we would all stand!

Also I got a brilliant idea,Why not toast the hostess for a great meal? We toasted then after a few minutes we got up and dinner was over.

I think that class helped me to be more aware of how to do and what, manners are.
Thank you for the lovely evening, Mrs. K! 

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh when you said, "if you know homeschoolers, it wasn't mutliple choice - it was dinner! What a better way!

    ReplyDelete