On the Porch of the house

On the Porch of the house

Monday, October 8, 2012

Up a Creek (But with a big paddle!)

 Okay, here's the deal. You're waiting for someone to show up, and you know it's a girl (or in your case, if you're a girl, a boy) but you don't know who. You've been waiting for years. You know it's going to happen, but how? In a thunderclap? With Angels descending? Something subtle?  Or have you missed her (or him) and that person's right under your nose, and God is going to bonk you over the head until you see her? (or him)

Congratulations! You just ran through a third of a teenage boy's mind! It's something you remember, if you're as old as Mom (or dirt!) Or it's something you will go through, or are going through. It feels like you're up a creek without a paddle.

But wait.... I have a big ol' paddle I can pull out at any time! Know what His name is? JESUS! I know He guides everything around me, so why get down in the dumps over something I can't control?  I have a family who loves me and friends who will lend their support. I mean, yes, a certain girl might like me, But what if she's someone else's? Well, we can still be friends. If you're friends, it will save us heart-ache later, and I can be happy for her when she marries or vise versa. 

 God will show me my path. The sky looks gray and cloudy today, but He can make the Sun come out again! So what if I don't know who she is? I mean I'd like to know now, but His timing is perfect. If I don't see her  for another year, it's His timing. I just hope He'll nudge me, if she's right under my nose, instead of  clubbing me over the head. It's not lonely, but it sure isn't easy. But in the meantime, when I'm up a creek, I'll just call on my big  ol' paddle and He'll lead the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment