On the Porch of the house

On the Porch of the house

Monday, March 25, 2013

Next Gen- Trust, and Betrayal

continued from Teamwork 

Andrew looked out at the stars. It was comforting to know the Thraen night sky was filled with the same stars and constellations as back home. His head bobbed in time with the music from his Ipod. He was trying to understand what  God was doing.

"Have something on your mind?" Her voice made him jump. He then stopped his Ipod.

"Oh. Amanda. How did you know?" Andrew asked. She joined him on the Newman's balcony.

"Whenever my dad has something on his mind, he goes outside to get a word from God." Amanda said. "Now spill."

"Well..." Could he really tell her? Okay, it wasn't a big deal, just tell her. "Today when I met you, I felt....
 nervous.  I couldn't help it. I've never felt that way around a girl. Now when I look at Maralay or Veronica..." He looked over his shoulder at the door. He hated how his hands trembled. He banged his fist on the metal railing.  "Ow!" He said, shaking out the pain. "I hate this. I just want to be friends with you guys. I've asked God to take it away, but He hasn't. " Amanda thought for a moment.

"Give it to the Lord," she said. "You prayed for Him to take it away, but have you let Him? You need to ask the Lord to take it away, believe it's gone, and it will go away. I promise. Heaven knows how many times I've asked for Him to take stuff away." She grabbed a hanging earbud and stuck it in her ear. "Mind if you start over from the beginning of your tracks?"

***

That morning, after a training session, everyone, except Kai,  had a hearty meal of sausage and eggs.  Kai just had cereal. "I like cereal." he said in defence, and kept eating.

Amanda sat by Andrew so see if she had helped him at all. He gave the A-ok sign.

But now Andrew had a different problem. His sister usually ate their parents out of house and home. She had barely eaten anything. Also, he thought she would cream him in practice, but he surprised her and then lost to Kai. Andrew thought of bringing it up, but Veronica scooted her chair back and stood up from the table.

"I have an errand to run." She said, and went out the door.

Veronica ran down the dirt path to town, and went down Main Street. She then searched the alleyways for the right one. 789 she read, and darted down the alleyway.

To be continued.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment