On the Porch of the house

On the Porch of the house

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ali and Joe

Continued from The Dream

T-Dex scorched a tasty bug, before wolfing it down. T-Dex was Joe's zany sporemon partner. T-Dex looked like a miniature Tyrannosaurus from Earth, with orange scales.

"T-Dex, we're not here to eat. We're here to find Grandpa's evolved sporemon." Joe said, twisting his cap frontwards, then backwards on his head. T-Dex made garbled "Grammhh" in reply because he was chomping on the bug he had scorched.

Ali sighed, a long tired sigh. "Just how long have we been in this stupid jungle?" Ali asked.

Her brother shrugged. Then they heard what sounded like a battle.

"Lugmon, Lava Blaster!"

***
Sam walked along side Sara and Kay. He'd never seen Kay act like this. She looked behind them every few minutes, her hands bunched at her chest. He hated to think it but Kay looked... afraid.

"Sara, could you go on a little ways, my friend and I need some privacy."

"Sure, Sam. C'mon Apatabront."

Sam pulled Kay aside. "Kay, is there something you want to tell me?" Sam asked.

Kay had always been the adventuresome type. That's what had gotten them here in the first place. Kay was NEVER afraid.

Sam pulled out his Bible from a holder on his belt. And held it out to Kay. "My Mom made this holder," Sam patted the leather pouch that had held God's Word. "So whenever I was afraid, or lonely, or sad, I'd read His word, and I'd feel better. You don't have to be afraid Kay, Jesus is with you, no matter what. You don't have to be afraid. Even.... from a dumb dream." Sam turned away from his best friend. "I should know. I've been there. I was afraid for weeks after a nightmare I had, but when I prayed, God answered."

Kay smiled and then shouted "LOOK OUT!"

A Rhano charged out the bushes right between Kay and Sam. Sam knew he had to battle. "Lugmon, Lava Blaster!"

Lugmon stopped sniffing a flower and threw his mighty fireball, but the Rnano was too quick.

"Looks like it's speed versus power." Sam said, a determined look on his face.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

By the Way, how are you liking the story so far? If you have any suggestions, I'll be happy to look at them.
God bless you!
Creator's son, and Lugmon.      

1 comment: