On the Porch of the house

On the Porch of the house

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Young, Yet Powerful

I'm "only" a teenager. I don't know anything about cubicles, (except that they're boxes, kind of like offices) getting up at 5:00, eating scrambled eggs, then running out the door to go to work. I don't know how to make a 'movie' movie, (We made some, and may do a Beyblade one) I don't know what all happens when Mom and Dad argue, (most because it doesn't happen very often!) or how even to start to have a relationship with a girl.

When you look at it, I don't know a whole lot about life, growing up, and that may lead some teens to doubt their abilities. Yet 1Timothy 4:12 says "No one should despise your youth, instead, you should be an example to the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity."

I may not know the stress adults may have, but that doesn't mean I can (choose to) mope about it. Look at all the things I know! I know the Truth of Jesus Christ, I know that Mom and Dad are trying to train me well, I know I can't be perfect. I know how to be kind to little kids, and I know God has good plans for me. I know I need my family and they need me. I know my attitude can affect others, or positive, or negative, and I know Algebra is HARD!

When Satan comes and whispers that you know nothing because you are young and inexperienced, stay strong. Know that, you know, that you know what your unique skills are, and what you are capable of. You may be young, but because you have Christ in your heart, you are powerful!        

1 comment: