On the Porch of the house

On the Porch of the house

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Spaghetti

continued from: Together again?


The Mills family and Charles were eating dinner together in their dining room.

"Wow, Mrs. Mills," Sam said, "this spaghetti is really good."

"Thank you. Kay told me about this earth dish, and I figured I'd try. Of course, Sara did most of the cooking." Mrs. Mills motioned to Sara.

"I'm not that good..." Sara said sheepishly.

"Are you kidding? This stuff is the best. I bet with Apatobront, you get all the herbs you need to cook with," Ali said.

"Some of them. Thank you," Sara explained.

Sam didn't know what was bothering her. She had been quiet all afternoon.

Suddenly, Alaina slammed her fork down. "I just don't know what happened, Ali! You're so.... changed. You're the happiest I've seen you. What happened?" Alaina asked.

Ali smiled " An amazing, wonderful thing happened to me. I was saved by Christ."

Alaina asked about Him, and how to get saved, just like Grandfather had planned to get Ali back.  Even though Ali was worse than they feared. 

**************
 While the commotion with Ali and Alaina was going on, Sara motioned to Sam to follow her to the Sporemon pens out back.

"I don't know how to thank you for saving me from faling off that cliff ..." she started.

Sam replied "Don't worry. Jesus is the one who really saved you.I followed you because I felt you needed help. God has always spoken to me with feelings."

They rounded a hill and saw an awesome, golden sunset. Sara remembered the night that they had teamed up. She remembered she said something about draining the worries of the day. She would try to untangle her mind.

"It's beautiful." She whispered.

"Yea," Sam agreed. "I'm glad I have such a good friend like you, Sara."

Sara smiled, and as they walked back up to the house, she felt lighter. Maybe with the other Charles, they could help their Grandfather see the Light of Christ.

To be continued......
           

No comments:

Post a Comment