On the Porch of the house

On the Porch of the house

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Eternal Love

Last night, I was doing the dishes with Firefly and was telling her I hope some girls in our Homeschool group looked past the glasses and Beyblades, and other weird stuff and find out how cool I am. She profoundly said "I bet the girls are thinking the same thing." It blew me away. I knew they did, but it was subconcious.

I think we're all like that. We all want to be liked, no matter how weird we are. I know my family loves me dearly and will continue to do so, but I'm at that stage where I'm looking for someone else. And if something happens, I might lose whoever it is and it's going to hurt. Big time. But there is One who will help ease the pain with love so mighty, it purged all my sin.  

"I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world." John 16:33 (Holman Standard Bible) He never said we wouldn't have pain, but He will come and take it away, and give me the power I need to forgive her. No one has hurt me yet, but if someone does, I'm willing to forgive. It might be hard, but I can look back and see all the things He has done for me and marvel at His plan.

And this isn't just about "love", if someone has hurt you bad recently, I urge you to pray for the power to forgive them, and focus on God's eternal love. This Christmas season is ALL about the love He gave. Shouldn't His followers show the same love? 


No comments:

Post a Comment