On the Porch of the house

On the Porch of the house

Thursday, January 19, 2012

What the World Teaches

It is hard, now days, to watch TV and not hear something about monkeys, humans, and the family tree we sprouted from. We need to continue and put more Heavenly stuff in our entertainment, but that's not what this post is about.

Yes, I do watch an anime show on Cartoon Network called "Beyblade", in case you were wondering (If you've seen me at the Park, or read some of my posts). Yes, they do point out "Sticking together", "Friendship", and the ever popular "Teamwork". But one thing is missing. I'm not sure if you can see it. They utter things like "I'm not alone." Yet they refer to their teammates, not God.

The point I'm trying to make is: The World teaches "Believe in yourself" while we teach "Believe in God". As Jesus says "No one can be a slave of two masters,since either he will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one,despise the other." Matt. 6:24  You can't believe in yourself ALL the time. It's just not right.

Another example  is my Fossil Fighters Champions game, after I defeated the main bad-guy, the program said I won "Because he loved to battle, and had a strong connection with........ his dinosaurs!" They didn't know that I fully believed I had won because God gave me strength,

I'm not saying don't trust yourself, I'm saying, if you only trust yourself, you aren't strong enough, even with friends and a team. God will take care of you, because He loves you no matter what, and shouldn't you do the same with Him? Before you go, I urge you to read Habakkuk 3:17-19, it's pretty cool.       

No comments:

Post a Comment